More DIY Headbands

Sunday, August 7, 2011
WOW...these last few weeks have been crazy busy, and CRAZY overwhelming. I'll fill you in about all of that later. In the meantime, there were a couple of days that I was able to accomplish more DIY headbands during Emily's beloved nap-time!!

One of my favorite blogs that I follow: LITTLE MISS MAMA, is having a headband challenge HERE. So I thought I had better get my butt in gear and show you the rest of the headbands that I have created from other tutorials that I have found.

The first one I was so excited to make because I loved the picture from the tutorial that I found. You can find the tutorial HERE from Lee La La.

In playing with my hair...I think that, for me and my hairstyle, it is a lot cuter when my hair is pulled back. I like that this can be dressed up or down and look SUPER cute!! This was SO easy to make. I followed the tutorial exactly and had no problems or struggles.



The next headband I made...I think that I need to change it up a bit. It definitely has the potential to be SUPER cute, but since I am "new" at the whole headband wearing look, it is too big of a statement for me to make. So, the only change that I would make is to use a smaller width of lace and maybe even a smaller diameter for the accessory as a whole.
You can find the tutorial HERE from Little Miss Mama






The next headband was actually fun to make. It uses satin fabric, and the only satin I had was 1 1/2in wide ribbon. So, if I were to make this again, I would actually go and buy some satin so that I could have more liberty at choosing the size of the circles that I could cut. I like this a lot, but I would also like to see how slightly larger circles would turn out.
You can find the tutorial HERE from (again) Joy Is At Home




Because my satin circles were smaller than desired, I ended up making three flowers and then hot gluing them together to create a little more presence. I didn't actually glue them to the headband, I just slipped in a hair clip so that I could have the option of attaching it to a decorative headband that I recently purchased from JoAnns or I could clip it to a more subtle hairband, or I could just clip it right on to my hair.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top