This summer was nothing short of amazing as well. I have been crying for the last couple of days because I will just miss her like crazy...but I know that she will have SO much fun with my friend who has offered to watch her for me while I start another school year.
Craig has been so GREAT this weekend!!! He has gone above and beyond in making sure that I am relaxed and able to enjoy the last few days of summer before going back to work...fancy BBQ's with family, Sunday morning breakfast, dinner out tonight...the works. Tonight, Craig asked me this question: "What were some of your favorite things about this summer?" It didn't take long before I rambled off this long list....
~THE THINGS THAT I LOVED MOST ABOUT THIS SUMMER~
- The many walks to the park with Emily
- Our Starbuck treats together...they have enjoyed Emily so much that every now and again, they will give her a free cake-pop
- When Emily reaches out to hold my hand
- When Emily rests her head on my shoulder
- The times when Emily pats my back and ends with a small back rub...just like I do to Emily
- When Emily runs to me saying, "holdu holdu holdu" (Hold You...she says it as though it is one word)
- Her belly laughter
- Playing "Ring Around the Rosie" in the front yard
- Coloring on the front walkway with sidewalk chalk
- Playing "chase" everywhere we go
- Watching her face light up as we go to each animal exhibit at the zoo
- Listening to her read a book to her baby dolls
- Hearing Emily sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. (She just says, "tinkle tinkle" over and over)
- Watching her run out and greet her dad when he comes home from work
- Watching her take care of her baby dolls just as she has been taken care of
- Seeing Emily chase after random kids at the park
- Our morning cuddles on days she used the "I'm Not A Morning Person" card
- Taking Emily on her first camping trip...which she did so well at!!!
- Feeding the ducks together
- Listening to Emily as she pretended to have a phone conversation with each family member and friends
- Giving Emily her first pedicure
Emily, you continue to bring me joy with each smile...with each hug and kiss...and with the sound of your laughter. I will miss you like crazy when I go back to work!!!