To Blog OR Not To Blog...That Is The Question

Thursday, June 2, 2011
Picture
I have been going back and forth on whether or not to post this...and I have finally come to conclusion of WHY NOT??? The whole reason that I wanted to start blogging was so that I could share my life with others going through the same thing that I am...so that I might bring a little encouragement or so that others would know that they are not alone.

So, here's the thing...Craig and I are going to be attending our first adoption class this weekend.
There...I said it...it's out there for the world to see *deep breaths*. I'll tell you, the only reason that I am so hesitant in sharing is because I fear that history will repeat itself. After going through all that we did in getting Emily...I just don't know that I'm ready for everyones questions, comments, and advice on the subject. I had NO IDEA that trying to get pregnant was going to be such a difficult and long road. If I would have known, then I wouldn't have announced it on the roof tops that we were simply trying to have a baby from the get-go. Lesson learned...the hard way. 
Regardless...one of the MANY difficult things about infertility was the feeling that no one understood...no one knew what I was going through...and since nobody really talks about it, that "alone" feeling was the worst. I felt like there was no one to talk to, REALLY talk to, who could relate and encourage me throughout the process. Yes, I had a few SPECIAL people in my life who I could still open up to...but it was still a sort of one-way street. They were all SUPER good listeners and even encouragers...but no one could really relate and let me know that what I was feeling was normal and OK.

Picture So...that is why I'm going for it. I have no idea what the future holds for me regarding adoption, but I do know this...that through our 4 years of trying to conceive, God had opened a place in both Craig and I's heart for adoption.
Recently, I came across this incredibly interesting quote from a blog: The Lighted Path For Woman. Here is what stood out to me:
If only THREE 3% of the world's Christians adopted ONE child ALL adoptable orphans would have a permanent safe home and a forever family.

This blows my mind...and no, I'm not saying you have to be a Christian to adopt, this is just an amazing statistic that is bringing up conversation in the "Wright" household. "Things that make you go HMMMM!!!"
    So, there you have it...more to come this weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top