DIY Reindeer Ornaments

Saturday, December 1, 2012


This is an oldie...but a goodie!! I made these ornaments with my mom when I was super young, and I had a blast making these with Emily this year.



MATERIALS:
~ Baby Flat Clothes Pins
~ Brown Paint
~ Foam Paint Brushes
~ Hot Glue & Glue Gun
~ Red Pom Poms
~ Wiggle Eyes
~ Ribbon

The steps are simple (you can probably figure it out just by looking at it, but if you are as much of a rule follower as I am...I will write it out for you)

1. Paint all of the clothes pins brown. I used a fun metallic brown paint color to give it a little sparkle. I was really happy with how it turned out. Using the cheapo foam brushes made it easier to squeeze paint into the small crevasses of the clothes pins.




2. Cut your ribbon the length that you like best for hanging on your Christmas tree. 
3. Once the paint has dried, hot glue to clothes pins together with the ribbon in between. I took one clothes pin and rested the ends of the ribbon on the main body. I then used the glue gun to squeeze a nice amount of hot glue over the ribbon to hold it in place and then took my second clothes pin and quickly put the two together. Place the middle portions of the clothes pins together so that you create legs and antlers with the clothes pins.
4. I used regular craft glue for the eyes (that way Emily could help with this part...I didn't want her getting her little fingers burned by using hot glue)

5. I first tried craft glue for the pom pom nose, unfortunately, it didn't stay on. So I had to turn to the hot glue for the noses.
6. And now you're finished. These make excellent toppers on wrapped gifts for friends and family.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top