Emily's TUTU TWO PARTY

Thursday, July 28, 2011
OH MY GOODNESS!! Emily's party is just a blur to me! Note to self...do not have a party during the week because you are all by yourself to set up, cook, frost, and at the same time...make sure that the birthday girl has a great day!!! I have already posted the tutorials on the crafts that I made for the party, so I will just post pictures from the party. If you have any questions about how I did something, or where I purchased things from, leave me a post.

DECORATIONS 

Click on this photo to get a closer picture of what it says. I basically took her invitation and changed some of the wording to give guests directions to take a tie, or bow, and head on to the back for the party. 




 I used the Cricut to make a HAPPY BIRTHDAY sign that matched her invitations. Sorry, you can't see it really well.

FOOD
I used about ten yards of tulle to make the table skirt, then I pinned a sequined ribbon to hide all of the pins from the tulling. I purchased the tulle tent from Target. I figured I would reuse it for Emily's big girl room. 

The cook always has to taste what they cook before the guests arrive...and I have to say...they were DELICIOUS!!!

After everyone enjoyed their burgers, I cleared off the table to make room for the birthday cupcakes. The special cupcake stand is actually a candelabra that I have had for years. I don't remember exactly where I got it from. I want to say it was at a Christmas exhibit one year. 




Emily's Friends



CUPCAKES



 She wanted to see the pictures that I was taking of her. When she saw this photo she said, "Mess!!" LOL

Gift From Mom and Dad

 I am so happy with how much she loves her gift!! Unfortunately it has become a huge struggle to get her to clean up and get ready for nap time or bedtime. We placed this in the dining room so she can see us while we cook in the kitchen and she can cook in her kitchen at the same time. 

I can't believe that I have a two year old now!! I remember, as if it were just yesterday, bringing her home from the hospital! I look at pictures of her now and I just can't believe where the time has gone.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful doll enjoying the party.Great pictures!
    Baby favors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aorbable .. I have twin girls.. we turn two in a month and are doing a "tutu" two party... where did you find the ties!! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! This was such a fun party to put together!! I actually made the ties. Here is a link to my post on how I made them. It was super easy and quick...no sew directions:

      http://shoeper-mom.blogspot.com/2011/07/birthday-ties-for-gentlemen-guests.html

      Would love to see pics of your party!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top