The Real Housewives of the O.T. ~ Deborah

Sunday, May 29, 2011
Our church (Life Center) devoted a weekend to infertility. The message was on Deborah from the Old Testament. Here are my notes from Pastor's message:

Judges 4:3-10
  • When the moment came, the people in Judges spoke words in faith and saw miracles happen. They were people that did heroic things...in the land of promise.
  • First God chooses a people, then God gives them a promise. These people are in the right place and the right time, and bad things still happen.
  • Everything God promises you, you WILL be opposed!!! The life of promise is not a life of ease. It is a life of battle. The more you become the person you are meant to be...the more opposition you are up against.
  • Deborah is more attentive to the promises than to the problem!!!
I want to be like Deborah! I want to keep my eyes on God's promise! I believe that I will be the mother to more than one child, and I don't want to be distracted by all of the disappointment I am surrounded with each and every month. Emily is a daily reminder to me of how NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR MY GOD!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top