Our Dream House

Saturday, January 1, 2011
Home of Husband and Wife This is our little home...located in our most favorite neighborhood!!! Our neighborhood is called "Old Town" because most of the homes are over 100 years old. It has been our dream to be able to buy a home in this neighborhood, but before we could afford it...we had to purchase a "not so nice" home, fix it up, and sell it for more...a lot more!! I remember walking through our first house...and how quickly I wanted to walk right out of it, yet my husband was very insistent that:
  1. It was the only house we could afford
  2. Even though it was awful looking, it was still in a very nice neighborhood
  3. Being able to fix up this house and sell it...would allow us to buy a bigger better house in the future.
Being the sweet, loving, and kind wife that I always am (look at me encouraging myself through my own post), I moved forward with Craig in purchasing our very first (very ugly) home. It only took five years to turn that house around from shabby to chic...and in return, we were able to double the value of our home. Luckily we put the house up for sale months (literally) before the whole economy crash thing and our house sold on the same day that it was put up for sale. The equity that we earned allowed us to pay off Craig's car and put a sizable down payment on our dream house.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top